Saturday, October 21, 2023

Missed it by that much

 

From Aliens to Shaq, tv cards run the gamut.  Blue chips and plain old CHIPS are two in this series.


As Max would say "Missed it by that much"

1965


The Fonz

1974



Starsky and Hutch

1975


Ponch and Jon

1977


Inspector Gadget

1983


The A Team, Mr. T

1983


Alien - Gordon

1986


The Simpsons.  Still going Strong

1989


American Gladiators  for Gavin

1989


Ren and Stempy

1991


Shaq and Penny were regulars

Guest Stars included Bob Cousy, Larry Bird and Bob Knight

1994























4 comments:

  1. OMG, that Hostess Wacky TV set! Haven't thought about that in years. Pretty sure I had at least the "What's Not Happening" card. Might still be in my closet with my old non-sport stuff.

    Pretty sure Blue Chips was a film, not a TV series. I actually do have a pack's worth of those--I wasn't collecting at the time, but I was in a supermarket which had the packs at a ridiculously low price, maybe a dime, and couldn't resist. I didn't realize it was from the movie--I saw Shaq and thought it was just a basketball set. ("Blue Chips" would be a pretty good name for a prospect/rookie oriented set!) But at the price I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Inspector Gadget growing up, and that was my introduction to Get Smart which is my favorite TV show of all time. Never seen either of those cards anymore, so cool especially that shiny Get Smart one.

    ReplyDelete

Sports Illustrated mini collections

 I've been entering my cards into TCDB for the last couple of months.  Most for sale or trade. I came across a box of SI that has not be...