Saturday, December 7, 2019

80's Bubbles

The 70's had 6 total bubble cards.   UD alone has 8 cards from 1989.  Total bubble cards, so far,
in the 80's are 19.

The first cards with the bubble on the back of the card come from 1980 Topps.  They are also
the first "cartoon" bubbles.




Next cards are from 1982 Fleer



My next Hall of Famer followed in 1983


1983 The Franchise Brooks Robinson


Our first minor league card.  1983 Frisch Midwest League Al Jones


Another Oddball   1985 Kondritz Vince Coleman


1988 Play Ball America Wade Boggs


1988 Classic Eric Davis


And the set with the 2nd most bubble cards 1989 Upper Deck.
This set had bubbles on the backs and popped bubbles.

Just today I was reading another blog and found the new leader in Earliest Bubble Blowing related
to cards.  It was a .05 cent 1965 Topps Wax Wrapper with a boy blowing a bubble on the bottom 
of the wrapper.











5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogs! I will be on the lookout for more bubble cards for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard! I know where to dump my extras once I get to updating my mini collections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard about your blog over on Night Owl's blog. You've got some really cool card collections. Look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another reader of Night Owl's blog hearing about your blog. Welcome to the Trading Card Blogiverse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your posts subjects! I have some similar interests and collections. Blogs like yours and others have inspired me to start a baseball card blog too. Keep your eye out for Bills Baseball Card Blog which I hope to launch during the holidays. Happy collecting and posting! CinciCuse Bill

    ReplyDelete

Sports Illustrated mini collections

 I've been entering my cards into TCDB for the last couple of months.  Most for sale or trade. I came across a box of SI that has not be...