Monday, February 3, 2020

Wrigley Ivy

Another of my mini collections is the Ivy at Wrigley.  I have over 150 different cards.  Here are my highlights.

The Wrigley Ivy was planted in September 1937.  It was planted to hopefully cushion the new bleachers.  It is Boston Ivy.  In full bloom, usually in July,  it grows out about 18" from the bricks.
The basket above the ivy was added in 1970.


The below pictures show the stages of its blooming.





The 368 marker is in right center.





My HOF'ers.



Henderson


Pujols


Maybe not?


My oldest so far.   I'm sure there are plenty of others that are older.







And my favorite, 














4 comments:

  1. Sweet collection of Wrigley Ivy. My favorite is the 1995 Pinnacle card of Derrick May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reed Johnson's card makes me feel like he's playing a casual game at a state park or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found one the other day that is All Ivy, no player.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know you collected these! I'll keep an eye out for extras I have -- this is somewhat of a mini-collection for me as well (a mini-mini-collection?).

    ReplyDelete

Sports Illustrated mini collections

 I've been entering my cards into TCDB for the last couple of months.  Most for sale or trade. I came across a box of SI that has not be...