Tuesday, November 19, 2019

My First Blog

Here I go.   First Blog.   After reading my peers blogs for the last few years, I decided to start with my passion, Blowing Bubbles on cards.  Others have posted Bubble Blowing cards in the past. I know I have missed many cards with this theme and maybe this blog might help a little in filling in my missing cards.  So far I have over 700 different cards, bobbleheads, gnomes, pictures and misc. 
of bubble blowing.

As far as I can tell it started with this card.


                                                
1973 Topps Mercury Morris


Just a year ago I thought this card was first.


                                                              1974 Topps Ken Reitz

I look at a lot of cards.  I "volunteer" at a local card shop and in exchange for sorting, making sets,
taking cards out of binders and other jobs I get to keep some cards.  My bubble collection includes cards from all sports.   The card below is the first card not from Topps.

                                                              1975 SSPC Lou Piniella

Future posts will include more bubble blowing history, as well as, some other of my card passions.
They are Sunset cards, HOF'er's, and mini collections of American Flags, Guest appearances of HOF'ers on other player cards, footballs on baseball cards, die cut cards and others.

Some of my recent trade partners are Nick(Dime Box), Kerry(Cards on Cards), Bo, Tom and others.
I appreciate your shout outs on your blogs.  I have lots of cards to trade.  Please contact me about trades and add me to Blog lists.






4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging community! I'm looking forward to reading your posts, and I'll promote your blog on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect 'bubble' cards too, but pretty casually in that when I find one, I just set it aside. Recently I saw some prices on a 'bubble' insert set from Opening Day a few years back. Uggh.

    Anyhow, looking forward to see if you have found any 'bubble' cards from the NHL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging community! will add you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete

Sports Illustrated mini collections

 I've been entering my cards into TCDB for the last couple of months.  Most for sale or trade. I came across a box of SI that has not be...