Sunday, May 31, 2020

oddballs and more hammers

Anytime I go through cards, the first thing after bubbles are the oddballs.  I have more fun looking at the backgrounds of cards, the backs and poses more than the stats or accolades.


I've always wondered what Ayala was doing in 1994.  Now I know.  He was ahead of his time.



I hope the players are having picnics with their families.  It sure looks like Jeter is eating a hot dog.
Kranepool's got a better caterer, lobster.



I got a special issue of Beckett with Art cards.


Background cars.



Fun in the minor leagues.  I'll miss my Mud Hens this summer.
No Mize, Manning or Skubal.  We were projected to have the best Minor league rotation in baseball.


Hooter's is known for their chicken wing,  Sure.


imitation is the best form of flattery, go U.L.


Was Mouton imitating Eddie Gaedel .


Is this a version of the hidden ball trick.


Fair or Foul.


Will football and baseball compete for awhile in the fall?





More hammers.


Relax

Baseball will be back.



















4 comments:

  1. I picked up that Brooks Robinson art insert many years ago, and it still scares the bejesus out of me. My mom calls it "the burn victim card." That Ozzie Sanchez shot is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe this is the first time I've seen that Dykstra. Gotta add that to my Sportlots list. And I've seen that Brooks more than I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great cards here. Never seen the Jeter or Sanchez before. When I interviewed Mouton for my blog he mentioned that card specifically - https://borosny.blogspot.com/2011/02/lyle-mouton-on-baseball-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey man, miss your posts. Hope all is ok.

    ReplyDelete

Sports Illustrated mini collections

 I've been entering my cards into TCDB for the last couple of months.  Most for sale or trade. I came across a box of SI that has not be...