Monday, April 13, 2020

One more Estate Sale post

Since I have lots of time, I was going through the estate sale boxes a second time to do a little more sorting.  If I already haven't said it enough, this was a find of a lifetime.  In one of the first 800 count boxes I checked, it was full of 89 and 90 Topps cards, I found another surprise at the back of the box.

More auto and jersey cards, about 100.  Our collector must have opened a lot of cards in their life.  He/she was also a multi-sport fan.



Jeff signed this on the back of the card.  First one i've seen.


I remember hoping for a big pull when I opened a few packs of Leaf Signature in 1996, but all I got was a lesser player in bronze.

There were 6 cards from this series in the 100 I found, there was a Gold.



There were also a few minor league autos.


And I hope a Future HOF'er.



Current HOF'ers included these 4.





A few Jersey cards.


A local Michigan grad.


Hockey cards.


Lindros signed with gold ink.



And these Football greats




I consider myself very lucky to acquire these cards.  My friend has been scouting for future estate sales and auctions.   They will have to wait until things start to return to normal.  I appreciate all my fellow bloggers who help me get through the days at home.











5 comments:

  1. That is all so fantastic. Good for you to find such awesome stuff to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackpot! Lots of great stuff here. If I ever meet Larry Walker, the first thing I'd ask him is why he signs all of his cards sideways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know the answer to that question.

      Delete
  3. I don't often get excited over jersey cards, but that Minnie Minoso is excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Sports Illustrated mini collections

 I've been entering my cards into TCDB for the last couple of months.  Most for sale or trade. I came across a box of SI that has not be...